Saturday 29 October 2011

The Perfect White Loaf... Part 1

I have a bread maker, which I use all the time, but I have not really had much experience with baking bread by hand.

This is going to be interesting!

The recipe is designed for two loaves, but as I am a little inexperienced at the hand kneading I split the recipe to make one loaf.

I must say, it was easier than I thought! The instructions advise you to knead for 10 minutes... My advice - whack three great songs on the stereo and sing your heart out while doing it! Makes the time go faster - and it is a great stress reliever! (cheaper than therapy!).

The dough is now in a big bowl ready to rise for two hours.

Will report back later with the results...

Xx

1 comment:

  1. Ah kneading by hand is great, great stress reliever ;D Look forward to the results! x

    ReplyDelete