Saturday 29 October 2011

The Perfect Puff Pastry & Juggling Multiple Recipes!

While I wait for my bread to rise I am moving on to my other bakes for today.

My perfect puff pastry is currently chilling in the fridge. I have never made this before and was a little bit scared of the process, but actually it is really easy!

After rubbing some of the butter in the flour, another therapeutic activity, I added water to make a dough. This went into the fridge to chill... Then came the best part..,,

Take the remaining butter (a whole pack - this recipe is definitely not approved by weight watchers!), wrap it in clingfilm and bash the crap out of it with a rolling pin (technical term)!

SO MUCH FUN!

You then get to do some lovely technical bits involving wrapping the pastry around the butter and a combination of rolling and turning, with a few stop gaps for chilling in between - actually easier than it sounds.

You then are left with a magnificent block of perfect puff pastry to turn into a yummy, scrummy bake!

Later on I will be turning half of this pastry into Millefeuille with Raspberries and the rest will become cheese straws (not a recipe from the book but has to be done!)

Catch ya later..

Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment