Sunday 30 October 2011

Mud Pie (AKA heaven on a fork)

I honestly didn't know what to expect from this bake as it didn't have a photo of what it should look like.

From the ingredients I was expecting a brownie type result.

A chocolate biscuit base was topped with a topping made from eggs, sugar, chocolate and cream. This was then baked until firm on top. The recipe warned me the mixture would rise whilst baking but then sink once cooled, which it did.

I had to wait a couple of hours for it to cool completely before I could remove it from the tin. To start with I thought I had under cooked it in the middle as it seemed gooey when I cut into it - I soon discovered the whole pie was this way, and it is how it is meant to be.

The result was not like a brownie at all, in fact it is a chocolate mousse like texture on top.

Within 5 minutes of cutting the mud pie we had devoured two slices!

It is that good!

Surprisingly light for what appeared, at first glance, to be a stodgy bake. It has now been safely locked away in a tin before we eat it all!

Xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment