Saturday 29 October 2011

Millefeuille With Raspberries

OMG!

I could eat these all day!

So the cream came out a little runnier than expected, but it tastes great so that is what counts.

I was surprised that the puff pastry tasted a little bland on it's own, but whoever wrote the recipe knew what they were doing, because as soon as I combined the layers of orange patisserie cream, raspberry sauce, raspberries and puff pastry - WOW

Not too sickly, just sweet enough with a great kick from the raspberries!

Mine look a little wonky compared to the book, but I think that was down to my cream not being thick enough to stabilise it.

A lot of work involved to make all the elements but I would definitely make these again as a treat :-)

Tips - make sure the pastry is cooked all the way through, when the book says better to over cook than under they mean it - my middle two slices were a tad under.

I also have a lot of raspberry sauce left so will freeze it for next time :-)

Xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment